CanadaJobsDB.Com - Today’s job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. CanadaJobsDB.Com will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. Calgary Laboratory Services is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; Calgary Laboratory Services is open for new position as Laboratory Information Centre Clerk (18-021) in start from April 2018. Everyone who’s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this Laboratory Information Centre Clerk (18-021) April 2018 recruitment in . It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on Laboratory Information Centre Clerk (18-021) April 2018 in below.
Competition No.: 18-021
Position: Lab Information Centre (LIC) Clerk
Position Code: 0194-014416
Status: 0.5 FTE
Duration: Temporary - 12 Months
Rate Scale (hour): $18.504 to $23.243
Bargaining Unit: Exempt - Administrative/Technical
Department: Client Services / Patient Appointment Line
Date Posted: January 12, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
*Days, hours, location, and shifts are subject to change due to operational needs
* The duration of a temporary position may change due to operational needs.
Reports to the Client Services Supervisor and/or Manager, this position provides support to Client Services by responding to incoming calls and taking required action and booking patient appointments.
- Answers and responds to telephone requests for Patient Appointment Line (PAL) services.
- Provides information to patients regarding test preparation, location and hours of operation.
- Provides information/support to patients on web based appointment booking.
- Schedules appointments based a complex set of criteria such as length of testing, time of day, type of test ordered.
- Ensures access for patients requiring short notice appointments.
- Cancels/modifies patient appointments.
- Escalates problems or concerns to appropriate team lead for resolution.
- Handles large volumes of calls each day.
- May be responsible for handling incoming CLS Customer Feedback. Directs concerns or complaints to appropriate division and enters information into a database.
- May assist with training and/ or orientation of new staff or students.
- May assist in the preparation of SOPs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accepts professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use confidential information appropriately and maintain the confidentiality / security of all information related to patients, staff and CLS business.
May be cross–trained to do the following:
- Notifies patients and/or Health Care Providers to make arrangements for recollections.
- Redirects calls for Community Services as required.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and requests for add-ons from Health Care Providers and takes action as required.
- Faxes laboratory results to Health Care Providers as directed;
- Manages routine and stat priority results from Millennium Outreach Queues
- Notifies Health Care Providers of infectious/positive results
- Archives LIC forms as per record retention guidelines i.e. work sheets, faxes confirmation, etc.
- Sends out Toxicology Downtime information to all clinics.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Displays accountability for actions and learns from mistakes.
- Ability to identify problems and proactively address issues.
- Follows established policies and procedures regarding privacy and the disclosure and access of confidential information.
- Consistently adheres to policies and procedures to ensure the safety and protection of customers, co-workers, self, and environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and benchmarks while consistently displaying a high level of attention to detail.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Consistently keeps knowledge up-to-date and participates in opportunities to learn.
- Applies sound judgment to ensure the work product is of the highest quality.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills; communicates openly and honestly with a positive attitude even during difficult conversations.
- Demonstrates active listening, information sharing, and encourages two-way communication.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and uses respectful language.
- Displays a positive and professional image to customers and maintains composure in difficult situations.
- Demonstrates a high standard of customer service by assessing and meeting the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Treats all staff with a high level of dignity and respect, including those of diverse viewpoints, approaches, values, cultures, ages, and genders.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a cordial, positive, and respectful work environment.
- Demonstrates personal leadership through change and promotes change initiatives.
- Consistently seeks to ensure that professional conduct and personal behaviours broadly align with CLS Principles of Conduct and CLS values: Professionalism, Respect/Caring, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence (PRIDE).
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum six months recent experience working in a customer service environment.
- Data entry proficiency and excellent keyboarding skills. May be required to complete a keyboarding challenge to meet a minimum of 5500 gross keystrokes per hour with at least 90% accuracy.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Ability to actively support interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs.
- Any Canadian equivalency to English 30 or 33 or CLBA score of Benchmark 8 completed within the last 6 months is required.
- Criminal Record Check satisfactory to CLS valid within the last three months.
- Experience in a call-centre environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of the Laboratory Information System.
- Ability to handle a large amount of work efficiently and effectively, given exposure to continual interruptions.
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is frequently required (i.e., between 25% and 75% of time on the job).
- On a daily basis, the work involves short periods of mental/sensory concentration. Concentration can be relaxed by interruptions, movement or conversation that may affect the timing of completion, but not the quality, of the work.
- The person in this job is advised of the particular change(s) in technology and the response(s) required.
- There is possible eye strain from constant and on-going viewing of computer monitors (or other information readout displays).
- There are high volumes of work where detailed accuracy is extremely important.
- The job is assigned to rotating shift work.
- The job has minimal to no control over workflow or service demands.
External applicants, please forward your resume and cover letter, specifying competition number, to the Human Resources Department . * The resume and cover letter must be sent as attachments as information contained in Indeed's cover letter text box will not be forwarded to the hiring supervisor.*
Job Type: Temporary
As one of the leading company in Canada, Calgary Laboratory Services opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Calgary Laboratory Services also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report the above information via this link. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Laboratory Information Centre Clerk (18-021) in , who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Laboratory Information Centre Clerk (18-021) di below.