CanadaJobsDB.Com - Today’s job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. CanadaJobsDB.Com will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. Lake Bonavista Community Association is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; Lake Bonavista Community Association is open for new position as Operations Manager in start from April 2018. Everyone who’s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this Operations Manager April 2018 recruitment in . It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on Operations Manager April 2018 in below.
Lake Bonavista Community Association
1401 Acadia Drive SE Calgary, AB T2J 4C6
Position Title: Operations Manager
Term and Hours of Work: Full-Time including some evenings and weekends
Reports to: General Manager
Reporting to the General Manager the Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of facility building operation and maintenance including ice production operations, ice maintenance, flooding, refrigeration plant operation, safety and security of facility, upgrades and repairs, janitorial, management and scheduling of facility staff, and providing user groups a positive experience at the Lake Bonavista Community Association. Scheduling, supervising and training of staff is essential as well as ordering supplies and equipment, and following budgets and costs are also the responsibility of the Operations Manager.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled manager/leader who is highly adaptable and capable of performing all maintenance-related tasks in a multifaceted facility with diverse patron/user group needs. This is a hand’s on management role – actively involved in day to day operations as well as a key member of the facility management team.
This position may require day, evening or weekend shifts depending on need and availability. A valid driver’s license, Criminal and vulnerable sector record check, and First Aid/AED/CPR certificate are required. WHMIS training an asset.
- Coordinates and schedules major ice maintenance, including ice in and ice out schedules
- Ensures that ice production and refrigeration log readings and scheduled inspections are completed, as required
- Creates work schedules (project plans and schedules) for operations department staff
- Creates and implements annual facility maintenance plans and provide copy to General Manager
- Manage risk and occupational health and safety issues
- Ensures all relevant documentations (i.e. annual facility inspections, equipment data, project files, etc) are captured within service maintenance databases
- Oversees maintenance and repair activities and performance of internal technicians and service providers
- Ensures work is completed on time, safely and meet quality requirements
- Plan, organize and direct administrative services such as signage, cleaning, maintenance, parking, safety inspections, security and snow removal;
- Managing a team of part-time, full-time staff to achieve optimal facility operations; carrying out all supervisory duties including but not limited to employee engagement, development and performance management, hiring and retention
- Planning and scheduling short and long-term maintenance tasks; ensuring work is completed according to applicable regulations and standards and in compliance with all relevant health and safety requirements
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with patrons and various user groups; promoting facility use and ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service through the provision of safe, systematized and efficiently operating facilities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, applicable by-laws, building codes, regulations, etc.
- Liaises with Bookkeeper for reports to monitor expenses, reviews and approves expenditures
- Acts as the focal point of escalation for issues pertaining to facilities managed
- Directs the maintenance and repair of an establishment's machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
- Inspects and ensures building maintenance tasks are completed to manufacture’s or governmental standards, as required
- Responds and trouble shoots non routine issues (e.g. staffing, equipment failure, alarms etc.) during or outside of regular working hours
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to areas of responsibility
- Ensure and oversee daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning duties are conducted and recorded for the recreation complex which includes the lobby, public washrooms, multipurpose room, arenas, change rooms, fitness studio, gym, Bonavista room and admin office and other areas as required. Order and store cleaning supplies
- Stay informed on changing products and technology and make recommendations to the General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications are we looking for?
At LBCA we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
- 4th class power engineering ABSA certificate is an asset
- Knowledge of Contract reading and Building Drawing reading
- Class 5 Operators License and current Driver’s Abstract.
- Experience with Arenas and Ice.
- HVAC knowledge, operating and repair experience
- General building maintenance
- Basic plumbing knowledge
- Other work-related experience
- Leadership Experience
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Computer competency is required, Word, Excel
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Evidence of a clear Drivers Abstract;
- Three professional references.
- Own Transportation
Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Arena Management, Recreation Facilities Management, Facility Business Administration or other related area of study an asset
- Minimum (5) years of previous facility operations management experience obtained in highly dynamic and diverse multipurpose facilities.
- Must have current Arena One Operator Certificate and Arena Two Operator Certificate
- Must have sufficient experience knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in all phases of building maintenance, including a basic general knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC systems.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration, building systems and physical operations. Class B refrigeration an asset
- Must have a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with no more than 6 demerits points
- Working knowledge of budgets and forecasting
- Ability to work overtime and respond to emergency call-ins as required
- Physical capability to perform the essential job duties including lifting/carrying 0-25 kg, standing for prolonged periods, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting, and operating power tools and machinery for extended periods under dirty and uncomfortable conditions and in all types of weather, as necessary
- Ability to work independently and are experienced in balancing needs within a diverse environment
- Must have experience with supervising or managing staff, recreation facility or other related disciplines
- Must have a thorough knowledge of work hazards, safety procedures, and public safety matters.
- Must be able to obtain a first-aid/ CPR certificate
- Must provide Police Check
- WHMIS Certificate- obtainable
- A good knowledge of all property management systems including electrical, mechanical, structural and ice making
- Leadership and management skills necessary to properly direct staff
- Must possess some accounting and administration background
- Sound organizational, oral and written communication skills
- A warm and friendly personality with the ability to interact positively with community residents users of the facility and members of the public
The Lake Bonavista Community Association (LBCA) is a non-profit organization registered under the Societies Act of Alberta, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and managed and operated by staff and volunteers. The Operations Manager reporting to the General Manager is responsible for a wide range of tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the Lake Bonavista Community recreation centre. The LBCA recreation facility includes two sheets of ice, gymnasium, fitness studio, multi-purpose rooms and other office spaces.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and any other relevant material to support your application. No phone calls please. Thank you for your application, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank everyone for your applications. No phone calls please. Closing date: Oct 27th/2017
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
As one of the leading company in Canada, Lake Bonavista Community Association opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Lake Bonavista Community Association also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report the above information via this link. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Operations Manager in , who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Operations Manager di below.