CanadaJobsDB.Com - Today’s job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. CanadaJobsDB.Com will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. Various Ministries is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; Various Ministries is open for new position as STUDENT - OFFICE ASSISTANT in Ottawa, ON start from January 2018. Everyone who’s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this STUDENT - OFFICE ASSISTANT January 2018 recruitment in Ottawa, ON. It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on STUDENT - OFFICE ASSISTANT January 2018 in Ottawa, ON below.
Are you a student looking for an opportunity to build your career over the summer? Are you passionate about making a difference?
The Summer Employment Opportunities program provides students with opportunities to obtain valuable work experience, gain transferable skills, and build professional networks.
- LEARN: Jump start your career, whether you want to learn business skills, use your French language skills, help out in a lab, or work outdoors. Put the knowledge you’ve acquired at school into action.
- GROW: Enhance your skills and expand your network by working on projects, leading initiatives and sharing your ideas. Transfer the skills you learn to your future school and work experiences.
- CONTRIBUTE: In addition to advancing your professional and personal skills, you will also give back to your community. Spend your summer working to support the interests of Ontarians!
Information to assist you with the application process, including the Application Guide is available at Summer Employment Opportunities.
Within your application, you will have the opportunity to identify the skills, work preferences and qualifications you have that make you a suitable candidate for this position.
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and at various locations across Ontario. Certain cities may be located in distant or remote areas in Ontario and may not be accessible by public transit. Carefully review locations through Google Maps
and select ONLY those cities that you are able to travel to and work in.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Relocation expenses and/or accommodations are not covered by ministries.
- The number of positions to be filled is approximate and subject to change.
- You must use your legal name when applying to the job ad.
Supporting a team on a wide range of administrative functions, you may have the opportunity to work on some or all of the following activities:
How do I qualify? Mandatory
- Prepare and organize correspondence, perform data entry and word processing functions, and create a variety of documents.
- Provide customer service assistance by performing reception duties, responding to public and/or internal inquiries, and performing cashier duties (e.g. accurately processing payments and performing basic mathematical calculations).
- Assist with small- and/or large-scale archival/filing projects by following a prescribed set of rules to store or destroy files; use technology to file documents.
- Conduct research, perform analysis, and input data.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage daily assigned work.
You must meet all
eligibility criteria on the first day of employment to be eligible for these positions. Student Status: All summer jobs require a “student” status. A student is defined as someone enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution (currently or for the fall semester) or has graduated within the past six months. If you graduated in January, you could apply for and start a summer student position in the Ontario Public Service up until June of that year. Age: You must be a minimum of 15 years of age. Due to program eligibility requirements, certain opportunities require students to be up to 24 years of age (or up to 29 years of age for a person with a disability). Certain positions require you to be a minimum of 18 years of age. Age parameters will be provided on the job advertisements and you must meet all age requirements by May 1st. Residency: You must be a resident of Ontario during the term of employment. Work Status – Ability to Work in Canada: You must be legally entitled to work in Canada. You are also required to have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) upon being hired. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- You apply your written communication skills to document findings, record data, and prepare a variety of documents (e.g. reports, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.).
- You apply your customer service skills and your verbal, written, and active listening communication skills to perform reception duties, respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries, and provide information to internal clients and/or the public.
- You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
Analytical and Organizational Skills
- You apply your experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word (word processing) and Excel (spreadsheets), as well as databases, email, and the internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents.
- You apply your knowledge of office administration to accurately process payments and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- You accurately track, retrieve, and archive files; you apply your knowledge and/or experience with electronic file and paper management systems to secure, classify, manage, and store documents.
- You apply your basic knowledge of records management to ensure the integrity of ministry records is maintained in accordance with ministry standards.
- You input data accurately and generate reports, paying close attention to detail.
Questions Personal Information
- You apply your research and analytical skills to gather, assess, and summarize information, and provide recommendations.
- You apply your knowledge of recordkeeping theory and practice to research documents, make connections, and identify those that are to be archived.
- You use the internet and other sources to gather and aggregate data, analyze and input data findings, and summarize information.
- You apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review, and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means.
- You apply your discretion and sensitivity skills when working with confidential information.
- You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize, and prioritize your work to meet competing deadlines.
How did you learn about the Summer Employment Opportunities (SEO)?
Why are you interested in this position? Program Eligibility
Will you be at least 15 years of age or older on May 1st of this year?
Will you be between the ages of 15-24 years (or between 15-29 in case of a person with a disability) on May 1st of this year?
Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
Select your student status:
Will you be living in Ontario from May to August this year? Work Preferences
Identify which of the following working conditions you are comfortable working in (Select any that apply) Please note: Not all of these working conditions may be applicable for this position.
Which cities are you willing to travel to and work in?
Please indicate the first date you are available to start work Education
Identify up to three current or past fields of study. Job Requirements
Will you be 18 years of age or older on May 1st of this year? (Note: this is a mandatory requirement for some positions)
Identify which of the following certifications or licenses you possess: (Please note: Not all these certifications or licenses may be required for this position)
Are you bilingual in English and French? (Please note: this is a mandatory requirement for some positions) Skills and Qualifications
Identify which of the following general skills you have gained through your school, volunteer and work activities? (Please note: Not all these skills may be required for this position)
Identify which of the following specialized skills/knowledge you have gained through your school, volunteer and work activities? (Please note: Not all these skills may be required for this position)
Identify which of the following computer applications you have used or have an understanding of (Select all that apply): Additional Information: Compensation Group:
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions Schedule:
N/A , N/A Category:
Administrative and Support Services Posted on:
Tuesday, January 2, 2018 Note:
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Some positions advertised on this job ad are represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) and successful candidates will be required to pay monthly union dues, which are automatically deducted from your pay.
Other positions advertised on this job ad may be excluded from the OPSEU Collective Agreement (i.e. not represented by OPSEU), depending on the business area within the Ministry in which the work is performed. You will be advised during the recruitment process by the hiring manager of the business area.
You will receive a confirmation splash page verifying receipt of your application when your application has been successfully received. If you do not receive a confirmation splash page, it is likely that your application was not successfully received and it is recommended that you resubmit your application. If that still does not result in a confirmation, please contact SEO@ontario.ca during the posting period. We cannot provide assistance with submitting your application after the job ad deadline date.
As one of the leading company in Canada, Various Ministries opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Various Ministries also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report the above information via this link. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for STUDENT - OFFICE ASSISTANT in Ottawa, ON, Ottawa, ON who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Ottawa, ON region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for STUDENT - OFFICE ASSISTANT di Ottawa, ON below.