CanadaJobsDB.Com - Today’s job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. CanadaJobsDB.Com will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. Wilfrid Laurier University is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; Wilfrid Laurier University is open for new position as Communications Officer (Annual Giving) in start from April 2018. Everyone who’s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this Communications Officer (Annual Giving) April 2018 recruitment in . It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on Communications Officer (Annual Giving) April 2018 in below.
At Laurier, we are a community. Its what brings our students here and what keeps our people here.As an educational institution, we inspire lives of leadership and purpose in our student community. As an employer, we seek, foster and value the same qualities of leadership and purpose in our employee community.We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as aa Communications Officer.
As a key member of the communications team within the Department of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR), the Communications Officer (Annual Giving) role is responsible for conceiving, developing, coordinating, executing and evaluating: fundraising appeals (direct mail, email solicitations); proposals; communications and marketing materials; strategic communications plans; and initiatives to support targeted fundraising activities at the university. Reporting to the Manager of Communications:
Development and Alumni Relations (DAR), and working in close consultation with colleagues throughout DAR and Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing (CPAM), the incumbent plays a pivotal role in advancing the initiatives of the Development & Alumni Relations office and Wilfrid Laurier University.
The incumbent will work with front-line fundraisers and alumni relations officers to tailor communication and marketing materials and strategic communication initiatives to specific fundraising or engagement initiatives.
The incumbent will also be responsible for a variety of print and digital messages including writing and editing of direct and e-mail solicitations, media releases and scripting for university events, research and marketing messages and select internal documents, as well as organizing and implementing special projects as assigned.
The incumbent will have extensive experience in and knowledge of trends in fundraising, mass appeal solicitations best practices, design and digital communications. An understanding of the academic community and non-profit organizations is required. An ability to develop strategic communication plans, compelling fundraising appeals, articles and brochures is required. An ability to develop strategies and manage and lead projects is required. Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to continuous improvements are essential.
The incumbent is responsible for meeting objectives established in consultation with the Manager, Communications: DAR, and the senior management team of DAR.
- Researches, writes and designs annual giving fundraising proposals, case for support, email solicitations and direct mail marketing.
- Co-ordinates and participates in the writing, editing and approval process for other targeted and general donor relations and alumni communications; Campus Updates; general correspondence, media relations; presentations; etc.
- Ensures messaging is audience focused
- Ensures comprehensive visual identity standards for all communications and direct linkage to the universitys overall visual identity standards.
- Develops key messages and ensures consistent integration of these through all communications.
Marketing & Social Media:
- Responds quickly to high-priority requests from the Development and Annual Giving teams.
- Works closely with DAR colleagues to support key initiatives as required.
- Creates passionate, articulate and moving stakeholder and donor stewardship pieces that connect the donor with the impact of their philanthropy;
- Works extensively with the Annual Giving and Development teams and with external agencies to implement strategic communication initiatives.
Research and Education:
- Utilizes multimedia to advance the communications of the department.
- Utilizes page layout software (Adobe Creative Suite) to design materials based on design templates provided by the Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing Department.
- Develops, oversees and populates content for fundraising websites and social media.
- Produces, organizes, coordinates, edits and publishes video that advances the needs of the department.
- Initiates and leads social media campaigns that advance the needs of specific annual giving and student philanthropy/engagement campaigns, working closely with the Communications Officer (Alumni) and others to ensure consistency.
- Writes news releases and communications, marketing and research material for both web and print publications and social media.
- Completes research for various written materials produced.
- Solicits and conducts interviews with the full range of people associated with the university, including the chancellor, president, chair of the board of governors, donors, faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Stays current on trends and best practices in the fundraising and communications fields.
- Bachelors degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of recent related work experience in communications, media relations, marketing and/or journalism.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in mass appeal fundraising, news, web, social media, and marketing writing.
- Advanced knowledge of grammar and CP style.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Superior news judgment and interviewing skills.
- Experience in and knowledge of trends in digital communications (specifically e-solicitations) is a requirement.
- Experience writing, creating and posting content to websites and social media channels.
- Demonstrated success in writing proposals and/or mass appeals for fundraising campaigns and execution of strategic communications initiatives, including but not limited to: direct-mail marketing campaigns, advertisements, etc.
- Ability to deal with multiple demands and priorities, and often competing deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong problem-solving and prioritizing skills in a multi-task environment.
- Appreciation of diverse perspectives and ability to work with diverse groups including members of the media, administration, faculty, staff and students.
- High level of knowledge regarding social media, the web, simple video production, and photography skills.
- Ability to manipulate photographs and designs using Adobe Creative Suite.
- High level of skill with InDesign, Illustrator and PowerPoint.
- Proven strength in acting as project lead on communication initiatives
As one of the leading company in Canada, Wilfrid Laurier University opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Wilfrid Laurier University also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report the above information via this link. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Communications Officer (Annual Giving) in , who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Communications Officer (Annual Giving) di below.