CanadaJobsDB.Com - Today’s job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. CanadaJobsDB.Com will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. Manitoba Government is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; Manitoba Government is open for new position as Regional Drinking Water Officer in start from April 2018. Everyone who’s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this Regional Drinking Water Officer April 2018 recruitment in . It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on Regional Drinking Water Officer April 2018 in below.
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in various locations throughout the province and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Office of Drinking Water Branch is responsible for coordinating the activities of the province’s drinking water program under The Drinking Water Safety Act. The branch assures public drinking water supplies are safe, adequate, aesthetically pleasing and acceptable by administering and enforcing The Drinking Water Safety Act and the regulations, licences, permits, advisories and orders and provides a program that employs flexibility and prevention as an effective approach to public health protection. It also provides guidance, technical expertise, up-to-date information and educational materials about drinking water safety to water suppliers and the public. It also promotes involvement of public, government agencies and departments, communities and private organizations in the decision-making process
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to work overtime, including evenings and weekends as required
- Must be able to travel throughout the province
- Within 2 years of the start date in the position, the incumbent must successfully complete the California State University Water Treatment Plant Field Study Program (Volumes I and II) and the Association of the Board of Certification's (ABC's) level II Water Treatment Exam. Upon successful completion, the incumbent will be eligible for qualification pay
- Must possess and maintain a valid Full Stage Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Must participate on the Office of Drinking Water's 24 hour On-Call Program which includes the ability to immediately respond to issues and emergencies as they arise
- Must be able to conduct field investigations and site assessments which requires walking over rough terrain while carrying up to 20 pounds
- Graduation from an accredited University or College with a degree or diploma in engineering or physical sciences, or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience
- Experience assessing scientific and technical data and documents
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to undertake compliance, inspections and enforcement activities
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to draft technical reports and correspondence
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships in a team environment
- Experience with environmental monitoring and sampling techniques in a work or academic environment
- Experience using MS Office Suite or similar computer applications
- Experience applying and interpreting legislation related to drinking water, including The Drinking Water Safety Act, The Environment Act and The Public Health Act and related guidelines in either a work or academic environment
- Knowledge of drinking water treatment principles
Reporting to the Senior Regional Drinking Water Officer, the Regional Drinking Water Officer is responsible for the administration and enforcement of regulations, licences, permits, orders and advisories pertaining to The Drinking Water Safety Act and its supporting regulations. Responsibilities include inspecting water systems to ensure compliance and safety of Manitoba’s drinking water , monitoring the on-going operation of semi-public water systems, undertaking source water assessments as per legislation, policy or guidelines, and performing confirmatory water quality sampling. The incumbent is also expected to prepare and review regulatory documents and compliance reports and to interpret and disseminate technical data.
Advertisement # 33662
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
As one of the leading company in Canada, Manitoba Government opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Manitoba Government also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report the above information via this link. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Regional Drinking Water Officer in , who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Regional Drinking Water Officer di below.